Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Here is the link maybe someone out there would love to give him a home; preferably someone close to me, so we could visit and play with him!!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
I was just reading a blog by a UPS man's wife. Did you know that you could give them a little extra goodie at Christmas time? Well, I didn't, but I most certainly will this year. I guess I thought some postal police would arrest me for bribery??! She went on to talk about how tired they are at the end of a long shift, delivering Santa Claus... SOOOO, if you love your UPS guy as much as I love mind, make sure you let him know with a little something this Christmas!!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Mattie's first day back at school was great. She isn't complaining with her eye, and it is looking good. She is little bummed, but that's another LONG story. She keeps getting disappointed lately; I bend over backwards to give her the perfect/no disappointment life, then someone else swoops in and ruins her day. Oh well, we made rice krispy treats to make up for it:)
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Didn't get to stay for the parade; Molly is still sick. We were just up to 102.4 before Motrin time. I guess we will just watch and wait. At least she is pleasant, even when sick.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Last night, we went to the Natchitoches Dollar Tree and picked up some ornaments. Be sure to check all the aisles on the top shelf. I found some pretty ones there that were not with the other ornaments. I even found some pretty ribbon there. I came home and stayed up until 1:00 making my masterpieces. I wasn't crazy about the bow, but I was exhausted. I went to bed thinking I would fix it this morning.
This is the wreath when I went to bed. I used about 10 tubes of ornaments. The darker blue were some I already had, but the others are all Dollar Tree. I found it simplest to glue the small balls in as fillers. This morning, I began playing around with the ribbon. I finished the wreath and was hanging it on the door and GUESS WHAT--yep, I dropped it. Fortunately, they are non-shatter balls, but it did break them off. I had to hot glue to get the balls back on. Of course to me, it looked better the first time. I took the other bow off and added some glittery blue ribbon to fill in and add texture. I may buy one more roll of that ribbon to make a bow. I haven't decided. I have more ornaments and want to make more. I thought my students might add this to Santa's Workshop as part of our field trip fundraiser. If I can get my hands on some purple balls, I thought a purple and gold one might be nice.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- bath confetti
- santa, snowman, and reindeer cups
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Jason looks to be on the mend. I won't bore you with the GROSS details, but he is talking in complete sentences again and actually sitting up on the couch. He is probably not well enough to travel to the surgery tomorrow, but I will put on my big girl panties and deal with it! Just keep us in your prayers. It is so scary seeing her put to sleep.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
1. Sweet Pea Design stickers--I order personalized to:/from: stickers from sweetpeadesigns.com. Monday's Child is a dealer, so give her a call if you would like to order. THEY ARE PRECIOUS! 2. Initial Styrofoam Cups--These cups come in a clear sleeve. They have green polka dots and big red initials. Not really earth conscious, but really cute!
3. Personalized Christmas Fingertip Towels--I found some cute little towels at TJ Maxx. My mom is adding an initial, and I am tying them up with some Bath and Bodyworks soap.
4. Christmas Chocolate Bars--TJ Maxx again, I found a box of 3 big and cute chocolate bars. I had to do some cheaper days to offset the stickers...
5. Homemade Cheesecake--No, I am not baking. I am lucky enough that the other mom's mom is actually a caterer, so she is helping us out there.
6. Wrapping Paper--I bought them each a roll of Christmas paper at Target that would be a good match for their stickers.
7. Personalized Throws--I bought some patterned fleece throws at Kirklands--2 for $8.00. Again, my mom will monogram them. I hope they like personalized stuff, because there seems to be a theme here.
8. Christmas Cactus--I have the plan of letting the girls paint a clay pot and put a started Christmas cactus in each one. They are easy to grow (or so my mom says!).
9. Ornaments--I have each teacher a Christmas ornament from Raz imports to match her tree. One is red and green, and one is red and zebra print.
10, 11, 12 I am running out of ideas. I thought about a casserole for a night of no cooking, but who knows about picky eaters, ... Maybe a Sonic card for an after school coke. I would love to hear some ideas.
Keep us in your prayers. Jason is still pretty sick, and Mattie Claire goes for her surgery on Thursday. I am surprisingly calm; I just am ready to have my family whole and healthy!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
I just had "one of those moments." What I mean is, I know that in a few years I will look back and think it was funny, probably laugh a little. While watching TV last night, I started working on some custom sea life handpainted ornaments. The large crab one turned out cute and was ready to ship. I am sure you can see where this is headed--she picked it up and crashed the "ball" to the floor. I can say "she," because anyone who knows my family knows which child I am talking about! She's still cute, just everywhere, into everything, all the time! I am smiling, and I am heading downstairs to paint a new crab ornament. Sorry no pics, yet!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Don't forget that CedarTown is next weekend. I will have my kid's Christmas shirts there, ornaments, painted plastic, zebra ornaments, and lots more. There will be some CedarTown specials, so drop by if you are in Ruston.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Had to be fair and get some pirate pictures too; she is making her "arggg" face. The pirate costume isn't quite finished, but she loves it. We will make a little hat or hair piece before next weekend. Here are a couple of my favorite clown pictures. Happy Halloween!
Molly is doing well and in LOVE with Dordor (Dora). It's amazing how she can zero in on the only Dora item in a store. She will be a clown for Halloween, and we took some pictures today. I will try to get up here and post some tonight or this week. She's not in love with that nose, but she is the CUTEST clown I have ever seen.
CedarTown is only two weeks away. I am getting nervous about doing it alone, but I will just pray that it is worthwhile. I have some cute things that I am saving to sell there. The leftovers will be at the Winnfield open house the following week.