Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gift Ideas

Since our kindergarten teacher doesn't read my blog, I thought I might share my Christmas idea. We LOVE our teacher and aide!! You know they are good when kids with brand new broken arms CRY to go to school--not Mattie Claire but another MC. They are so sweet and patient and love our babies like they are their own. Another mother and I are going in together to give them the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS. Starting on December 3, we will give them a gift a day until the day we get out for the holidays. Here is what I have so far in no particular order:

1. Sweet Pea Design stickers--I order personalized to:/from: stickers from sweetpeadesigns.com. Monday's Child is a dealer, so give her a call if you would like to order. THEY ARE PRECIOUS! 2. Initial Styrofoam Cups--These cups come in a clear sleeve. They have green polka dots and big red initials. Not really earth conscious, but really cute!

3. Personalized Christmas Fingertip Towels--I found some cute little towels at TJ Maxx. My mom is adding an initial, and I am tying them up with some Bath and Bodyworks soap.

4. Christmas Chocolate Bars--TJ Maxx again, I found a box of 3 big and cute chocolate bars. I had to do some cheaper days to offset the stickers...

5. Homemade Cheesecake--No, I am not baking. I am lucky enough that the other mom's mom is actually a caterer, so she is helping us out there.

6. Wrapping Paper--I bought them each a roll of Christmas paper at Target that would be a good match for their stickers.

7. Personalized Throws--I bought some patterned fleece throws at Kirklands--2 for $8.00. Again, my mom will monogram them. I hope they like personalized stuff, because there seems to be a theme here.

8. Christmas Cactus--I have the plan of letting the girls paint a clay pot and put a started Christmas cactus in each one. They are easy to grow (or so my mom says!).

9. Ornaments--I have each teacher a Christmas ornament from Raz imports to match her tree. One is red and green, and one is red and zebra print.

10, 11, 12 I am running out of ideas. I thought about a casserole for a night of no cooking, but who knows about picky eaters, ... Maybe a Sonic card for an after school coke. I would love to hear some ideas.

Keep us in your prayers. Jason is still pretty sick, and Mattie Claire goes for her surgery on Thursday. I am surprisingly calm; I just am ready to have my family whole and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea!! This would have been perfect for Alise's class because there are 12 students in her class.

    ReplyDelete