Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a New Year


New Year's Eve was pretty nice. Brittany and I took the kids to see a movie. Jason and I shot fireworks off the porch with the girls, because of the neverending rain! We went to bed pretty early, but I woke up when all the neighbors starting shooting their fireworks at midnight.


I do the same thing every New Year's Day. I cook cabbage with sausage and potatoes and black eyed peas over rice. I cook the best peas!!:0) I actually buy the bagged peas from the Pea Patch. They come with the seasonings ready to go! You dump it all in the crock pot, cover with water, and cook all night--very easy! If you know anything about my cooking abilities, you know that is about the extent of my skills. I shared with the family--sent plates to the in laws and my mom. Jason and Molly won't try it, and Mattie Claire and I have had our fill; I think we will throw the rest out. I hope everyone's New Year was as restful and wonderful as ours, now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment