Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank you for Being a Friend

I can't believe Blanche died. I always loved that theme song--"thank you for being a friend...your heart is true; you're a pal and a confidante." I have been thinking a lot about friends lately. I have come up with a few rules for being a friend.

1. Don't lie to me. Even if you think it might hurt my feelings, I am trusting you to be honest. And yes, lying by omission is lying.
2. Be loyal. If I call you a friend, I will defend you with my dying breath. Is it too much to ask for you to do the same?
3. Call me. Not everyday; hey, I would settle for once a month or so. I am just as busy and important as you are, so don't wait on me to always make the effort.

I am sure I will feel moved to share more as they come to me:)

2 comments:

  1. I found out about Rue at lunch. It's hard to believe there is only one Golden Girl left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blanche was always my favorite! I showed Bo his bucket. He was excited! He asked if it was dry yet! ??? :)

    ReplyDelete