Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

A few weeks ago, I got upset with MC when she made a C on a spelling test. She spelled the two words correctly, but she wrote two letters backwards. I called it a careless error and really fussed at her. Later that night, I was talking to MC's teacher's mother, and we were laughing about 1st grade.... She gave me some advice that I filed away for another day:) She said that she wished she could tell us young mothers to not sweat these little things. When our kids were all grown up, we would see that these little things didn't matter or amount to much.
Our community was hit with a tragedy last week, and her words came back to me. I hope that I can carry these lessons with me for a long time. I know that my girls will try me, but I hope I remember to ask myself if it is really that bad??!! When she is all grown up, will it really matter that she made a C on a test in the first grade? I think not! Will it matter that she poured half a can of parmesan cheese on her spaghetti (of which 1/3 went on the couch)--I think not! I can only pray that I remember to laugh at these things and remember--DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a hard time locating you these days!! I can't get to you on Etsy to see everything and I couldn't leave a comment above on the Santa plate, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete